● Detailed coverage on architecture of Web Servers, Databases, and Cloud Servers.
● Practical touch on deploying your application and managing cloud infrastructure using Docker and Terraform.
● Simplified implementation of Infrastructure as Code with Vagrant.
● Explore the use of different cloud services for better provisioning, scalability, and reliability of enterprise applications.
Hands-on DevOps with Linux brings you advanced learnings on how to make the best use of Linux commands in managing the DevOps infrastructure to keep enterprise applications up-to-date.
The book begins by introducing you to the Linux world with the most used commands by DevOps experts and teaches how to set up your own infrastructure in your environment. The book covers exclusive coverage on production scenarios using Kubernetes and how the entire container orchestration is managed.
Throughout the book, you will get accustomed to the most widely used techniques among DevOps Engineers in their routine. You will explore how infrastructure as code works, working with Vagrant, Docker and Terraform through which you can manage the entire cloud deployment of applications along with how to scale them on your own.
What you will learn
● Create Infrastructure as Code to replicate the configuration to your infrastructure.
● Learn best methods and techniques to build continuous delivery pipeline using Jenkins.
● Learn to Distribute and scale your applications using Kubernetes.
● Get insights by analyzing millions of server logs using Kibana and Logstash.
Who this book is for
This book is best suited for DevOps Engineers and DevOps professionals who want to make best use of Linux commands in managing the DevOps infrastructure daily. It is a good handy guide for Linux administrators and system administrators too to get familiar with the use of Linux in Devops and advance their skillset in DevOps.
Table of Contents
1. Getting started with Linux
2. Working with Bash
3. Setting up a service
4. Configuring a reverse proxy with Nginx
5. Deploying your application using Docker
6. Automating your Infrastructure as Code
7. Creating your infrastructure using cloud services
8. Working with Terraform
9. Working with Git
10. Continuous integration and Continuous Delivery using Jenkins
11. Deploying and scaling your application using Kubernetes
12. Logs with open source Tools
About the Author
Alisson Machado de Menezes is an experienced Big Data DevOps Engineer, who for the past ten years has been working in different positions such as developer, operations analyst, support analyst, DevOps Engineer, IT manager, technical leader, and is now diving into Big Data. He has given many lectures in Brazil in events like Python Brasil, The Developers Conference, Feira Internacional de Software Livre, and for some companies in private. He has also given classes regarding Python programming, Agile infrastructure, MongoDB, Openshift, Kubernetes, DevOps, and DevSecOps. He has the certifications of Linux System Administrator (LPIC-1), Linux Engineer (LPIC-2), Suse Certified Linux Administrator (SUSE CLA), LPIC – OT DevOps Tools Engineer, Exin – DevOps Professional and has studied English in Canada.
In 2019, Alisson moved to Germany, starting a new challenge in Europe in automotive marketing to help empower mobility for tomorrow, where we are trying to be the pioneers on electrical cars.
Outside of work, Alisson tries to maintain a blog where he shares his experience on the project which he has been working on and when there is time, he spends it travelling, hiking, and trying different types of beers.
ASIN : B08ZYP9G6Q
Publisher : BPB Publications; 1st edition (March 24, 2021)
Publication date : March 24, 2021
Language : English
File size : 9314 KB
Text-to-Speech : Enabled
Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
X-Ray : Not Enabled
Word Wise : Not Enabled
Print length : 321 pages
Lending : Not Enabled